Covid-19 Update | 30 Metro Melbourne stores remain open to support community
Dear Salvos Stores Community,
Salvos Stores has made the decision to continue to operate and support the community through 30 of our re-opened Metro Melbourne stores, following the announcement from Victorian Premier on Tuesday 7th July around re-engaging stage 3 restrictions within this area.
Unfortunately, we will be closing 12 stores as of end of trade Wednesday 8th July.
- Mornington Central
We would firstly like to thank our community for their support whilst we have re-opened these stores, and we have loved welcoming you back into our recently changed Salvos Stores environment.
Throughout this 6-week period, our stores that remain open will continue to support our community in two ways:
- Community Support; we play a vital role at Salvos Stores by ensuring communities have access to great quality items at reasonable prices, as well as providing support for the most vulnerable in our community. We want to ensure that this winter, our community has access to everything they need from us.
- Donations; we have continued to see lots of amazing donations over the last few weeks and we want to ensure we can continue to be there to graciously accept these.
Within these stores you will continue to find the additional precautionary measures in place to ensure that we can continue to keep our teams, customers and donors safe whilst they visit us. These are:
- Maintaining social distancing & people per square metre rules
- Additional cleaning of our stores throughout the day and every evening
- The installation of protective shields at our counters
- The provision of PPE for all our team members
- Hand sanitising stations at our store entrances
- Quarantining our donations (linked to blog post)
Whilst we will miss you at many of our locations over the next 6 weeks, we are sure we can come together as a community to make a real difference.
If you can’t visit us in person, you can shop with us online.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding since April, and in the coming weeks and months to come.