Dr Happy (a.k.a Dr Tim Sharp) shares his top five tips for how you can reimagine Christmas with your kids in 2020.
1. Talk the talk: Talk to your kids about how Christmas can be a great time to have fun and to receive gifts, but also that it’s a time to think of and to give to others
2. Lead by example: Model this by determining your own “giving practice”
3. Install the “one in one out” rule: Start conversations about ethical consumption and start a practice that for every new toy received, one’s given to the Salvos
4. Share a Christmas story with a difference: Share real (age appropriate) stories with your kids about the good work done by the Salvo’s programs
5. Talk sustainability: Educate your children about the environmental benefits of reusing, recycling and not wasting nearly as much