Dr Happy (a.k.a Dr Tim Sharp) shares his top five tips for how you can reimagine Christmas with your kids in 2020.
1. Talk the talk: Talk to your kids about how Christmas can be a great time to have fun and to receive gifts, but also that it’s a time to think of and to give to others
2. Lead by example: Model this by determining your own “giving practice”
3. Install the “one in one out” rule: Start conversations about ethical consumption and start a practice that for every new toy received, one’s given to the Salvos
4. Share a Christmas story with a difference: Share real (age appropriate) stories with your kids about the good work done by the Salvo’s programs
5. Talk sustainability: Educate your children about the environmental benefits of reusing, recycling and not wasting nearly as much
Wherever there is hardship or injustice, Salvos will live, love and fight alongside others, to transform Australia one life at a time with the love of Jesus