How we quarantine donations
With more people being at home, we've seen lots of amazing donations make their way to Salvos Stores - and we are forever grateful!
We wanted to update you all on how we manage our donations from the moment we receive them until they are placed for sale. We are committed to your safety and ensuring we are taking the necessary steps to minimise any potential transmission of COVID-19.
All our open stores operate contactless donation drop-off, which means items are placed in one of our donation bins on-site during opening hours.
Once donations are received, they are placed into quarantine for a period of up to 72 hours to minimise risk to our teams and to our community. After reviewing our procedures in line with information provided by Safe Work we have made a couple of changes to our quarantine process;
- Clothing, textiles, books and games will be quarantined for 24 hours
- Hard furniture will be cleaned and sanitised before sale
- Fabric furniture will be quarantined for 24 hours and all hard surfaces cleaned and sanitised before sale
- Homewares, electrical, jewellery and other hard surfaces (such as toys) will be quarantined for 72 hours
- All other items will be quarantined for 72 hours
After the required quarantine period, our store teams (wearing gloves) will sort through the donations before pricing and placing them out into our stores for sale.
As always, there are new items placed out for sale in our stores each and every day.
For the moment, our change rooms remain closed but we will offer a refund should you find anything you buy from us isn't right for you - and all returned items go back into quarantine just to be on the safe side.
We will continue to review and revise how we handle donations as things change and evolve, and are committed to keeping you informed on this process.
Thanks for all your wonderful donations as well as your continued support.